To empower both women professionals and academics in all the fields of communication, in order to develop visionaries and leaders who can make a difference in their communities and their profession.
- Serve as a thought-leadership center for research and professional development for the next generation of women leaders in mass communication.
- Mentor the next generation of young scholars and professionals as they build careers in mass communication.
- Develop an active research agenda to provide background and current data, trends and other information to support the goals of the center.
- Recognize the achievements of female leaders in the communication industries and the academy.
- Establish an advisory council composed of nationally and internationally recognized women leaders in the communication professions and the academy to provide advice, mentoring and support to the center.