Women Faculty Moving Forward: Securing the Future
Sunday, August 5, 2018, Washington, D.C.
Sponsored by the AEJMC Commission on the Status of Women, the Lillian Lodge Kopenhaver Center for the Advancement of Women in Communication at Florida International University and the AEJMC Council of Affiliates, held the sixth annual workshop designed to help junior women faculty members move forward in their careers through mentoring, networking and preparing for tenure and promotion and administration or other leadership positions.
The workshop is designed for tenure-track women, and a cohort of 25 women were selected for the pre-conference workshop on Aug. 5, 2018, at the AEJMC annual convention in Washington, D.C. Applicants must be AEJMC members. Speakers, panelists and roundtable leaders include senior scholars and administrators and women colleagues who have achieved significant leadership positions in their careers.
Keynote speaker for the workshop was Jan Slater, chief marketing officer, College of Business, and professor of advertising and former dean, University of Illinois. Panelists include Carolyn Bronstein, DePaul University; Jinx Broussard, Louisiana State University; Laura Castañeda, University of Southern California; and Radhika Parameswaran, Indiana University.
In addition to the training and networking at this workshop, participants, were designated Kopenhaver Center Fellows, and were invited to take part in activities of both the CSW and the Kopenhaver Center during the year and receive publications of both groups. They will also be invited to reunite with previous cohorts to network at subsequent conventions.
2018 Kopenhaver Fellows
- Janelle Applequist, University of South Florida
- Mariam Alkazemi Gulf University for Science and Technology
- Kyung Jung Han, California State University
- Claudia Kozman, Lebanese American University
- Rachel Young, University of Iowa
- Sada Reed, Arizona State University
- Amal M. Bakry, University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- Melanie Formentin, Towson University
- Madeleine Liseblad, Middle Tennessee State University
- Shugofa Dastgeer, Texas Christian University
- Erika K. Johnson, East Carolina University
- Li Chen, West Texas A&M University
- Arien Rozelle, St. John Fisher College
- MeganMcFarlane, Marymount University
- Magda Konieczna, Temple University
- Holly Overton, University of South Carolina
- Megan Duncan, Virginia Tech
- Jessica Maddox, University of Alabama
- Pallavi Guha, Towson University
- Kay-Anne Darlington, University of Rio Grande
- Enaski Roy, Western Kentucky University
- Eunji Chung, Auburn University
- Gigi McNamara, University of Toledo
- Geah Pressgrove, West Virginia University