Welcome to FIU School of Music!
We offer students the opportunity to study and perform the world’s greatest music with distinguished artist/faculty in one of the finest concert venues in the region. We are a fully accredited member of the National Association of Schools of Music and offer a conservatory-style education in the atmosphere of a Research I university. The comprehensive curriculum is designed to train complete musicians and prepare them for the challenges of a 21st century career.
With graduate and undergraduate degrees in Performance, Composition, Music Education, Music Business, and Music Technology, the School of Music offers a variety of choices for the prospective student. Our student population is dynamic and culturally diverse.
In our School, what you learn inside and outside the classroom empowers you to think, create and act differently. Our talented students become extraordinary musicians, teachers, scholars, and entrepreneurs by developing their minds, their talents and their vision. As an incoming undergraduate or graduate music student, you’ll find the atmosphere abounds with creativity, innovation and inspiration. Our emphasis is on making the most of who you are and what you want to become. Your individual exploration and educational needs are our primary concern.
Located in Miami, a vital global center for art, design and culture, our program takes full advantage of its amazing setting.
We would like to invite you to tour our excellent facilities, meet faculty, and observe classes. Please call the School of Music Admissions Officer at 305.348.4891 to schedule an appointment.
Get Started Now!
1. Complete the FIU application – Applicants who do not complete FIU’s online university application cannot be fully reviewed for admission by the School of Music, nor can they be considered for music scholarships or graduate assistantships. Click here to visit FIU Admissions.
2. Complete your GetAcceptd application – Completing the GetAcceptd submission and pre-screening process is essential and required of all students applying to FIU’s School of Music. If you pass the pre-screening you will be invited to a live audition. In the application you will be asked to select your preferred live audition date (November 5, 206, February 4, 2017 or March 4, 2017). Applicants who wish to be considered for University merit-based scholarships must attend the November 5th audition date. Students must have a 3.0 GPA to be considered. Your materials must be submitted through GetAcceptd at least 72 hours prior to your preferred live audition date. Click here to login.
3. Complete additional requirements – The B.A. in Music with a concentration in Music Business and other programs may require submitting writing samples, videos, and/or portfolios via GetAcceptd. Consult specific program listings for applicable requirements in your area of interest.
1. Complete the FIU application – In order to be admitted to the FIU School of Music, you must first be admitted to the university and then successfully audition for the School of Music. Admission to the university is very selective and you are urged to submit your application as early as possible. You can begin the application process to FIU by visiting Graduate Admissions.
2. Complete your GetAcceptd application – The School of Music requires that all applicants applying to the Master of Music (MM) degrees are required to submit a pre-screening process through the Getaccepted web-based portal. In the application, you will be asked to select your preferred live audition date (November 5, 206, February 4, 2017 or March 4, 2017).
3. Complete additional requirements – Be sure to consult specific program listings for applicable requirements in your area of interest. Many Master’s programs such as Music Education, Music Education & Composition may require submitting writing samples, videos, and/or portfolios via GetAcceptd.