Applying for Financial Aid
If you are interested in applying for financial aid such as the School of Music Scholarships, Federal Student Loans and the Graduate Scholarships, you must fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- The website to fill out the FAFSA online is http://www.fafsa.gov. The 2017-2018 FAFSA application will be available on October 1st, 2016.
- If you are a first time applicant, you must create a FSA ID Username and FSA ID Password. Your FSA ID identifies you as someone who has the right to access your own personal information on ED websites such as the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) at fafsa.gov. Your FSA ID is used to sign legally binding documents electronically. It has the same legal status as a written signature. To create a FSA ID Username and Password please visit: Create FSA ID/ Password
- You now have the option of utilizing the IRS DATA Retrieval option on the FAFSA. It is highly recommended to use this option for a speedier and a more accurate processing of your financial aid.
- Our school code for the FAFSA application is 009635.
- You do not need to include parental financial information on the FAFSA application.
- Additional documents should not be submitted unless requested.