Portfolio Submission – SlideRoom:
Next, please upload the following to SlideRoom (separate nominal fee of $30 charged by SlideRoom): https://fiuart.slideroom.com
1. A written statement of intent (no more than 500 words), which should enhance the Graduate Admissions Committee’s understanding of the applicant’s creative work. The candidate should outline their goals, ambitions, and reasons for pursuing graduate study at FIU.
2. Your Curriculum Vitae (CV)
3. A portfolio of 20 artwork that can include:
Images must be .jpg at the highest available quality (must be under 8MB each)
Videos: upload excerpts or preferably complete works (max. 3 minutes total runtime). Videos hosted on YouTube or Vimeo can be shared through url link.
Audio: excerpts or preferably complete works submitted as .mp3 (max. 3 minutes total runtime). Each individual file should be less than 30 MB. Audio files hosted on SoundCloud can be shared via url link.
All artworks must include the following label information:
Duration (video/audio files)
Notes and supporting text may be included within the “Description” textbox.
4. An image list that gives the following information for each piece included in your portfolio:
Title, Media, Dimensions (Height x width x depth) and year created, along with the corresponding file name.
5. Statement addressing the question : How do you see yourself using a studio and how would it impact your practice?