Portfolios are reviewed by a committee of faculty members. Images must be in 300 dpi JPEG format and videos in Mp4 or Mov format. All artwork must include the following information at the bottom of the artwork as part of the file uploaded:
- Dimensions / Duration
- Date produced
Portfolio of work – 20 images
• 5 images of observational drawings and/or figurative drawings.
• 15 images representing skill and creativity in digital arts such as; video art, digital illustration, motion graphics, and digital audiovisual artworks.
• 20 images of applicant’s best artwork representing skill and creativity.
Portfolios are reviewed by a committee of faculty members. Once admission decision is made, applicants will be notified shortly after.
Application Deadline for Fall Semester – February 15
Application Deadline for Spring Semester – October 15
To progress into upper-division BFA in Digital Arts Major courses, students must complete the four lower division foundation courses (12 credits) with a minimum GPA of 2.75 or greater in two attempts or fewer.
These courses include:
- ART 1201C 2D Design
- ART 1203C 3D Design
- ART 2300C Beginning Drawing
- ART 2330C Beginning Figure Drawing
Drops after the add/drop period, which result in a DR grade are considered an attempt in the course and count as an unsuccessful enrollment. Students who do not satisfy this requirement will be advised to change major to other degrees such as BA in Art History or BA in Interdisciplinary Studies.