Portfolio submission fee $30 charged by SlideRoom
- Images must be .jpg at the highest available quality (must be under 8MB each)
- Videos: excerpts or preferably complete works (max. 10 minutes total runtime). Videos hosted on YouTube or Vimeo can be shared through url link.
- Audio: excerpts or preferably complete works submitted as .mp3 (max. 10 minutes total runtime). Each individual file should be less than 30 MB. Audio files hosted on SoundCloud can be shared via url link.
- All artworks must include the following label information:
- Dimensions / Duration (video/audio files)
- Date Produced
- Notes and supporting text may be included within the “Description” textbox.
Your statement should be approximately 500 words maximum. Write with attention to grammar, spelling, and clarity.
Your statement should tell us about the work you have submitted. Why did you make it and what inspired you? How and with what? Describe your artistic process. Share why you’ve chosen to work using certain materials and processes. Have you participated in exhibitions or other art-related events? How have specific experiences contributed to the way you make art?
Transfer Applicants & Current FIU Students: Upload Unofficial Transcripts
Transfer applicants and current FIU Students are required to upload a copy of their unofficial transcripts. The Department will review the unofficial transcripts to confirm if the degree prerequisites have been completed. Eligibility for consideration to the BFA program is contingent on having the degree prerequisite courses – emphasis on the four foundation courses: ART 1201C, ART 1203C, ART 2300C, and ART 2330C.
New incoming Transfer applicants without these foundation courses, including those who completed the four courses but failed to meet the Academic Standard of 2.75 GPA may be considered ineligible for the BFA.
Portfolios are reviewed by a committee of faculty members. Decision notifications are generally sent out within a month of each deadline closing.