Digital Media Lab provides a space to work with graphics, photography, and various imagery.:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- AutoDesk Maya & Mudbox
- Dragonframe Stop Motion
- Cycling Max/Msp
- Digital Photo Studio Equipment
- Film Scanning
- 3D Printing
- 3D Scanning
- 2D Laser Cutting
Location: Artist Studio Building (MMC)
The Art + Art History Fiber Lab on the FIU Biscayne Bay Campus offers tools for sewing and textile works. Among the supplies provided and skills taught at the Lab are:
- Sewing machines for surface design
- Two computerized sewing machines
- Three looms for weaving
- Press irons
- Thermo imager for a non-toxic silkscreen printing
- Dyeing through Procion Reactive Dyes and the Shibori method
- Textile printing, embroidery, and surface embellishment
- Macintosh Operating System for Photoshop manipulation for silkscreen printing
The Fiber Lab is open on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8AM to 4PM.
Location: AC-2 in Room 150 (BBC)
The College of Communication, Architecture + The Arts’ Miami Beach Urban Studios (MBUS) offers undergraduate and graduate students a unique opportunity to study in one of the most vibrant, artistic urban centers in the world for one semester, while gaining valuable professional experience at design firms, and by working with innovative public, private, and non-profit arts organizations throughout the city.
Find out more at mbus.fiu.edu, or follow the gallery on Facebook.
Location: 420 Lincoln Rd, Miami Beach, FL 33139
The Art + Art History Painting Lab on the FIU Biscayne Bay Campus is available for use by painting students and faculty. Its unique qualities are:
- A spacious working area for painters
- High ceilings
- Easels for 25 students
- Effective exhaust system with reliable climate control
- North-facing windows that allow for natural light
The Painting Lab is open on Mondays and Wednesdays from 8AM to 4PM.
Location: AC-2 in Room 150 (BBC)
Our Photography Labs on the FIU Modesto Maidique Campus and the Biscayne Bay Campus offer equipment to help students and faculty produce photographic work.
At the Modesto Maidique Campus, there are two separate photography labs: one for black & white photography and one for color photography.
The Black and White Photography Lab and the Color Photography Lab at the Modesto Maidique Campus, combined, include the following:
- A room for developing film and 3 lightproof closets
- A critique room
- A professional lab for color development
- A Kreonite Pro Mate Processor
- Developing trays, sink, tank, enlargers, and a light table
- Printing equipment
- Chemical measurement
The Photography Lab at the Biscayne Bay Campus includes the following:
- A fully operational Black and White Photography Lab that includes 14 Beseler enlargers
- 14 black-and-white enlargers
- A small color darkroom
- A MediaPhoto Studio Line Processor that can print up to 24″ in width
- A Digital Photography Lab that includes: Macintosh Operating Systems with Adobe Photoshop, small- and large-format Epson Printers, Epson Flatbed Scanners, and one Imacon Flatbed Scanner.
At Modesto Maidique Campus, the Black & White Photography Lab is located in VH 111, and the Color Photography Lab is located in VH 117.
At the Biscayne Bay Campus, the Photography Lab is located in AC2 Rooms 101-105.
The Red Cube at the FIU Biscayne Bay Campus provides a 12′ x 12′ exhibiting space for Art + Art History students, faculty, and alumni. It serves especially to display installation and performance works. The Red Cube is located in building AC-1, in the 3rd-floor atrium.
For more information about the Red Cube, visit its Facebook page.
In collaboration with the Università degli Studi di Genova (UniGe), the FIU Genoa semester-long program provides students with the opportunity to study art in a city that is rich with cultural history. By traveling to Genoa and participating in this FIU program, students enhance their college and global learning experiences. Students may participate in each of the following programs while visiting Genoa through FIU:
- Art History
- Landscape Architecture
- Interior Architecture + Nautical Design
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Tourism and Hospitality
To learn more about the FIU Genoa Program, please visit its website by clicking here.