Silvana Massolo Entrepreneurs Grant ’04hdeharo2022-06-08T14:10:14-04:00
CARTA alumna’s gift will help minority-owned small businesses thrive
Silvana Massolo Entrepreneurs Grant Endowment
Annual spendable earnings from the Silvana Massolo Entrepreneurs Grant Endowment will be used to advance the College’s academic mission by supporting a grant program to encourage the founding and growth of new or existing ventures established by CARTA alumni and seniors. Recipients will be awarded funding to help grow existing businesses or help jump start their initiative.
Program Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants must submit a 1-2 paragraph explanation of their new venture or reason for funding their existing business.
- Recipients must be a CARTA alumni or be in their senior year at FIU and have a 3.2 GPA or above.
- Preference will be given to minority owned businesses, as specifically defined in the US Small Business Administration’s 8a Business
- Recipients will be selected by a committee composed of representatives of the College to be selected by the Dean.
- Grants are approximately $2,500 each. There will be 1-2 recipients per year.