- Student must have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher at the time of selection.
- Recipients can be in any CARTA major, at the undergraduate or graduate level.
- Funds are to be used to participate in a CARTA study abroad program.
- Student must have a demonstrated record of community service.
- Interested students must submit a one-page letter explaining the importance of foreign travel to their academic and professional career trajectories. This should be accompanied by at least one letter of recommendation from a professor who can attest to student’s academic potential.
- Applications are due via the online portal at fiu.academicworks.com March 30, 2017. Scholarship awardees will be announced April 30, 2017. Funds will be dispersed in July 2017 for travel to be undertaken between May 1, 2017 and April 30, 2018.
Festival of Trees Merit-based Scholarship:
Based on availability, Festival of Trees Merit-based Scholarship is awarded each semester for best studio projects in the Department of Interior Architecture, Florida International University. The shortlisted projects as recommended by faculty in each studio and juried by design industry leaders in South Florida.
Latin American and Caribbean Graduate Fellowship
The University Graduate School provides limited Latin American and Caribbean Graduate Fellowship. It is designed to promote international education and research between FIU and the countries of Latin America and the Caribbean. Students must be a resident of Latin America or the Caribbean (including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands) and must be fully admitted to a graduate degree program (Master’s or Doctoral). The call is usually sent on a annual basis.
NEWH is the premier networking resource for the hospitality industry, providing scholarships, education, leadership development, recognition of excellence, and business development opportunities. The objective of NEWH is to promote scholarship, education and interest within the Hospitality Industry. NEWH, Inc. and its chapters fundraise to provide scholarships to students pursuing a career within Hospitality related fields (Interior Design, Hospitality Management, Culinary, Architecture, Senior Living, etc.).
IIDA BRAGG Awards:
The Bragg Awards Gala is one of IIDA South Florida Chapter’s signature events which celebrates design excellence and recognizes innovative yet functional interior design projects. The annual gala awards top design professionals who are taking the industry to new heights.
Visit this link: https://www.iidasfc.org/bragg-2020
CREW Scholarships for Women
CREW Miami (Commercial Real Estate Women, Miami Chapter) provides the Roslyn K. Berrin Real Estate Scholarship. This scholarship of $5,000 is available to female students enrolled in a university located in Miami-Dade County, Florida. Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of no less than 3.0; and must be enrolled as a Junior or Senior-level undergraduate or graduate student with a declared major in a real estate industry.
Apply here: https://crewmiami.org/home
The mission of the Planning and Visual Education Partnership (PAVE) is to support students studying in the field of retail design and planning and visual merchandising; therefore, PAVE has created the Student Scholarship Program to assist students with funds to cover basic needs. The PAVE student aid program supports students studying retail design, interior design, architecture, visual merchandising, industrial design, and similar programs preparing them for careers in the retail environments industry who are experiencing financial difficulties.
Apply here: https://www.paveglobal.org/studentaid
Gensler Brinkmann Scholarships
The Brinkmann Scholarship was established as a memorial to Don Brinkmann, an inspirational and gifted interior designer who personified the essence of design, vision, and leadership. In this spirit, the Brinkmann Scholarship awards students enrolled in U.S. not-for-proﬁt interior design programs with academic scholarships and opportunities for summer internships.
Apply here: Gensler Brinkman
IFDA Educational Foundation Scholarships
The International Furnishings and Design Association (IFDA) Educational Foundation’s mission is to foster educational and philanthropic activities to enhance the furnishings and design industries. A number of scholarships are available.
- IFDA Leaders Commemorative Scholarship $1500
- Part Time student Scholarship $1500
- IFDA Student Member Scholarship $2000 (Requires student membership in IFDA)
- Ruth Clark Furniture Design Scholarship $3500
- Tricia LeVangie Green/Sustainable Design Scholarship $1500
- The Philadelphia Scholarship (Subjects rotate, see website) $2500
- The Barbara Beckman Textile Design Scholarship $3000
- The Vercille Voss Graduate Student Scholarship $2000
Apply here: https://www.ifdaef.org/
E. Todd Wheeler Health Fellowship – Perkins & Will
The E. Todd Wheeler Health Fellowship offers graduates of healthcare architecture and interior design programs an exceptional year-long opportunity: the chance to continue their healthcare research while simultaneously gaining hands-on professional work experience with some of the best healthcare leaders in the world.
Apply here: E. Todd Wheeler Health Fellowship – Perkins & Will
FIU Scholarship page
See additional Scholarships at: Our Opportunities – FIU Scholarships (academicworks.com)