While students are responsible for their own academic progress, prospective or current undergraduate students have advising support within the School of Communication + Journalism (SCJ) at FIU. Students are expected to work closely with their respective advisor to achieve their goals.
The Office of Student Services at the SCJ helps students to:
- understand SCJ’s academic curriculum, procedures, and policies
- understand FIU’s general academic policies
- create and refine short and long term educational goals
- select areas of study, including majors and concentrations
- connect with faculty members and university resources
- address academic difficulties
- graduate on time
The hours of advising are Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 11:30 am and 1:30 – 4:00 pm. Please view your advisor’s calendar by logging onto your Student Dashboard as the hours may vary based on advisors’ duties to the college and university.
The advising office does not offer walk-in advising. Students outside of the major must call 305-919-5625 to schedule an appointment with an available advisor.
Academic Advisor II
Academic Advisor III