ATTENTION STUDENTS: Be sure to plan ahead for your internship. Email your internship coordinator if you have questions- Do NOT wait until the last minute!
|Before you apply to any positions, take advantage of the many FIU resources that can help make your resume and cover letter stand out.
FIU Career and Talent Development Department
- Offers resume revisions during open hours
- Hosts a number of workshops for resume and cover letter writing, LinkedIn branding, and much more
School of Communication + Journalism students are encouraged to sign up and explore Handshake for the next step in their internships! Handshake is FIU Career and Talent Development Department’s database of jobs, internships and career-related events and opportunities.
Benefits of Handshake
- Search jobs and internships posted for FIU students
- Participate in mock interviews and web-based practice interviews
- Meet and network at employer info sessions and “meet and greets”
- Upload your resume online
- Set up job search agents
- Submit resume to employers
- Participate in on campus interviews
- 24/7 access to all of our employment resources