Advisors On Your Side
Prospective and current undergraduate students in the School of Communication + Journalism have dedicated and supportive advisors that help students thrive. Students will work closely with their advisor to shape and achieve their goals.
The Office of Student Services helps students:
- understand SCJ’s academic curriculum, procedures, and policies
- understand FIU’s general academic policies
- create and refine short and long term educational goals
- select areas of study, including majors and concentrations
- connect with faculty members and university resources
- address academic difficulties
- graduate on time
The hours of advising are:
Monday – Friday: 9:00 AM to 11:30 AM, and 1:30 PM to 4:00 PM.
Please view your advisor’s calendar by logging onto your Student Dashboard as the hours may vary based on advisors’ duties to the college and university.
The advising office does not offer walk-in advising. Students outside of the major must call 305-919-5625 to schedule an appointment with an available advisor.