The Animation Media major is designed for students transferring from the Miami-Dade College MAGIC program with an A.S. in Animation and Game Art. Other students may be admitted to this major with permission from the Department Chair. Students in the Game Media major must satisfy all the following requirements as instructed.
General Education – Up to 18 credits Students transferring from Miami Dade College with an Associate in Science degree may take 18 credits to satisfy missing requirements in General Education.
Core Degree Requirements (15 credits): All students in this degree must complete a degree core that includes five courses:
- MMC3003. Journalism & Media Orientation – 0 credits
- MMC3303 Global Media and Society – 3 credits satisfies Global Learning
- MMC3123 Writing for Media –OR– DIG3153. Writing for Film – 3 credits
- IDS3309 How We Know What We Know – 3 credits satisfies Global Learning and Gordon Rule Writing
- MMC4200 Media Law and Ethics – 3 credits
- VIC3400. Visual Design for Globalized Media – 3 credits satisfies Global Learning*
* MAGIC transfer students who have taken DIG 1132 Digital Art and Design at MDC will get transfer credit for this course.
Major Specific Requirements (27 Credits):
- DIG3306. Introduction to 3D Content Creation – 3 credits
- DIG3001. Intro to Digital Media – 3 credits
- DIG3376. Animation Lab 1 – 3 credits
- DIG4352. Animation Lab 2 – 3 credits
- DIG3922. Animation Workshop 1 – 3 credits
- DIG4352. Animation Workshop 2 – 3 credits
- DIG4951. Animation Project Development – 3 credits
- DIG4800. Digital Theories – 3 credits
- DIG4552. Advanced Multimedia Production Capstone – 3 credits
School of Journalism & Media Electives: Students in the Game Media major who have satisfied all of their General Education, Core Degree and Major-Specific requirements and who are still shy of the 120 credits needed to graduate, may choose any course at the 3000/4000 level from ADV, COM, DIG, JOU, MMC, PUR, RTV, SPC.