Careers & Internships
Contact Your Coordinator
Manager, Academic Services
The key to having a great internship experience is being prepared and professional. The following tips will help you make the most of your time as an intern!
BEFORE YOU START:
- Go to Career and Talent Development office at MMC SASC 305 or BBC WUC 255 for a resume critique.
- Put together an online portfolio, this will help separate you from other candidates (you can use wix, wordpress,) (how to make a portfolio link).
- Build relationships with professors, they might be able to share good opportunities with you
DURING YOUR INTERNSHIP
- Treat your internship like a real job. Remember, you will want a reference from your manager. Be professional at all times.
- Build relationships with supervisors and co-workers. Networking is extremely important for future opportunities.
- If allowed, save the content you produced during the internship for your portfolio.
- At the end of your internship, ask your supervisor if they would be open to write a recommendation letter in the future.