John Wolin SCJ Scholarshipbfriedmn2016-06-10T22:21:04+00:00
John Wolin SCJ Scholarship
This endowment scholarship fund was established in 2007 by Mrs. Wolin as a memorial to her husband, John Wolin, who loved journalism and teaching young journalists how to polish their craft. Wolin was a reporter and editor at the Miami Herald for 21 years, who inspired readers by chronicling his experiences as an achondroplastic dwarf.
This scholarship is offering $500.
For consideration, the applicant must meet the following minimum requirements:
- A junior or senior student pursuing the journalism (print) major in the SCJ during the award period.
- must be enrolled full time (12 credits) during the award period (fall and spring semesters).
- a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- submit a 2-page typewritten (double-spaced) essay about your career goals, reasons for choosing the profession, and where you would like to work in the future.
- submit a letter of recommendation from a faculty member (SCJ faculty preferred).