Dr. David A. Kopenhaver Scholarship
This endowment scholarship fund was established in 2009 by Dr. Lillian Lodge Kopenhaver, Professor and Dean Emeritus, as a memorial to her husband, Dr. David A. Kopenhaver, an accomplished university professor, psychologist, television host, producer and author.
Dr. David A. Kopenhaver loved education and graduated from the University of Miami, where he was the president of both the freshman class and student body government. He was an involved student and his educational credentials included New York University, Harvard University, and Rutgers University. He was also a writer, the author of the Lilliland Stories, more than 700 short stories, morality tales set in a fictional European kingdom named for his wife.
This scholarship is offering $1,000.
For consideration, the applicant must meet the following minimum requirements.
- an undergraduate student pursuing any major in the Lee Caplin School or Journalism & Media or School of Communication during the award period.
- must be enrolled full time (12 credits) during the award period (fall and spring semesters).
- a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- proof of involvement/service within the School community (student clubs, associations, etc).
- submit a 2-page typewritten (double-spaced) essay about your career goals, reasons for choosing the profession, and where you would like to work in the future.
- submit a letter of recommendation from a faculty member (Lee Caplin School of Journalism & Media or School of Communication faculty preferred).