Please contact Jacqueline Thompson to set up an introduction to the lab.
CARTA students and faculty members are welcome to stop by MBUS to develop new projects involving any of our equipment in the Special Projects Lab—part of the HP/EDUCAUSE Building the Campus of the Future research project involving the CARTA Innovation Lab and several other Research 1 universities.
2 Cannon Océ Colorwave 500 Plotters/Scanners
HP LaserJet CP6015- prints 8 1/2″ x 11″ and 11″ x 17″
Full Spectrum Laser Cutter (Document Size 26″ w X 12″ h) (engravings)
2 HP desktops with Adobe Suite, Microsoft office suite and Rhino
30 HP laptops with Adobe Suite, Microsoft office suite and Rhino
- HP Sprout Pro G2 Blended Reality Workstation
- HP z640 Workstation PC(This PC powerful PC would basically connect to the display below and would add to the lab’s existing PCs that students use all the time.)
- HP DreamColor Z27x Studio Display (attaches to the PC above)
- HTC Vive Head-Mounted Display and Sensors(This is a VR headset.
- HP 3D Structured Light Scanner Pro S3 scan and 3d print objects for the Wolfsonian or for Vizcaya
- HP 3D Automatic Turntable Pro(This is the turntable that goes with the scanner above.)
- Dremel DigiLAB 3D40 3D Printer This is a new PLA 3D printer attached to the z640 Workstation.
To read more about John Stuart’s proof of concept FIU MBUS-Proof of Concept for the Future of Higher Ed in America