A European Perspective on Building Resilience
Please RSVP here.
As part of our public diplomacy EU-grant Getting to know Europe (Europe on the Road), European expert on climate adaptation and resilience, Alberto Terenzi, will meet with the Miami-Dade Community at large.
What do we mean by resilience in the context of European cities? During this presentation, Alberto Terenzi will discuss:
- The current state of and major obstacles and needs to resilience
- The tools and resources to support resilience in major European cities (Rotterdam, Copenhagen, Paris, Rome)
- The conditions that frame the success of resilience processes in European cities.
Alberto Terenzi leads sustainability efforts in Europe in his role as Senior Project Officer for Sustainable Resources, Climate and Resilience in the European Secretariat of Local Governments for Sustainability (ICLEI). He is an expert on climate mitigation, adaptation and resilience. He consults on sustainable strategic development. He holds a master’s degree in International Relations from Bologna University, Italy.
– Dr. Markus Thiel, Associate Professor,Politics & International Relations, FIU; Director, European & Eurasian Studies Program, and Miami-Florida Jean Monnet Center of Excellence, FIU
– Dr. Michael Sukop, Professor, FIU
Sea Level Solutions Center Leadership Committee Member
Lead Principal Investigator South Florida Water, Sustainability, and Climate Project
Co-Principal Investigator Urban Water Innovation Network (UWIN) Sustainability Research Network Project
- 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. Presentation on a European Perspective on Building Resilience by Alberto Terenzi
- 7:30 p.m. – 7:45 p.m. Q & A and closure
- 7:45 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Networking reception
To view Alberto Terenzi’s bio, click here
To view flyer, click here
This event is free, but by invitation only and you need to register.
For further information, please contact Christine I. Caly-Sanchez at firstname.lastname@example.org
For location and parking, click here
This event is jointly sponsored by the Miami-Florida Jean Monnet Center of Excellence and the diplomacy EU-grant ‘Getting to Know Europe’
In collaboration with FIU Seal Level Solutions Center (SLSC), FIU Miami Beach Urban Studios, The French American Chamber of Commerce Florida, The Italy-America Chamber of Commerce Southeast, The German American Business Chamber of Commerce, The Consulate General of France in Miami, The Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany, The Consulate General of Italy, the Consulate General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.
This project has received funding from the European Commission under the grant “Getting to Know Europe”
Miami-Florida Jean Monnet European Union Center of Excellence
Organizer of Can Cities Thrive in the Face of Climate Change? A European Perspective on Building Resilience