Graduate Application Process:
- In order to be admitted to the FIU School of Music, you must first be admitted to the university and then successfully audition for the School of Music. Admission to the university is very selective and you are urged to submit your application as early as possible. You can begin the application process to FIU by visiting Graduate Admissions.
- The School of Music requires that all applicants applying to the Master of Music (MM) degrees are required to submit a pre-screening process through the Getaccepted web-based portal. Audition dates are listed below. In the application, you will be asked to select your preferred live audition date. All undergraduates seeking admission to the School of Music must audition on an instrument/voice, including freshmen and transfer students. This includes prospective majors and minors in music. Your materials must be submitted through GetAcceptd at least 72 hours prior to your preferred live audition date.
Consult specific program listings for applicable requirements in your area of interest (Music Education, Performance, Technology, Composition, etc):
The following areas require an interview, as well as an audition:
Click here for more information about the Music Education Graduate Program.
- All entering music majors need to take certain diagnostic tests in order to determine the appropriate placement level for academic music courses. All incoming graduate students are required to take the HistoryandTheory Placement Tests. The Theory Placement Tests may be taken either on one of our audition days or on the Thursday before the first week of classes in both Fall and Spring.
- Attend Ensemble Placement Day (TBD/week prior to beginning of semester)
- Get started onGetAcceptd today! Good luck on your journey! We look forward to meeting you!