Requirements for the Online Programbfriedmn2019-05-15T20:55:46+00:00
Requirements for the Online Program
- You must have a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree.
- You must have a minimum 3.0 GPA during the last two years of study. An average of 13 on a 20 point scale; or a 4.0 on a 5.0 grading; or a 7 on a 9 point; or an 8 on a 10 point scale.
- Pass the TOEFL exam with a minimum score of 500 or score of 80 in the online exam – if your degree is from an institution outside the U.S.
- Pass the EXADEP or the Graduate Entrance Exam (GRE) with no minimum required score.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from university professors or professional journalists.
- Submit a 500-word essay describing “Why I want to be a journalist?”
- Your university must send your official transcripts, in a closed and sealed envelope, to FIU: 11200 SW 8Th Street, BT 200, Miami FL 33199
- You must translate your transcripts through Silny & Associates Inc. http://www.jsilny.com/html/foreign.htm
For more information, please contact Dr. Alejandro Alvarado Bremer, (email@example.com) Faculty Program Coordinator, Spanish-language Journalism Masters.