March 23, 2020
Dear CARTA Students,
We recognize these are very uncharted territories for all of us.
The University continues to be fully operational, while not on campus. This is a compilation of resources for you to consider should you be facing any difficulties.
- CARTA Office of Student Services remains available to you for academic advising through Zoom and telephone appointments. You can visit us at fiu.edu for more information. Please see below for department specific resource to get in touch with your academic advisors:
- School of Architecture: contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Department of Art + Art History: Email Maida Purdy and Maria Parrilla.
- School of Music and Department of Theatre: Email Gerry Suarez.
- School of Communication and Journalism + Media send an email to email@example.com.
- Communication Arts: Call 305-348-1255 and an appointment will be scheduled for them with an advisor.
- The FIU Student Health Clinics are only seeing student by appointment only. Please call 305-348-8385 to schedule an appointment. For additional information, you can also visit their website.
- All of the healthy living program and Counseling and Psychological (CAPS) services are available remotely. The Student Health Clinic is available in person (prior appointment is required). They are also providing certain services remotely. You can reach them at call 305-348-2277 and leave a message for a call back. Voicemails are being checked every 5-10 minutes, or visit their website for more information.
- The Disability Resource Center continues to be available to provide support and facilitate services remotely. Visit their website for general information about services during this time. Please call 305-348-3532 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for the MMC campus and email@example.com for BBC.
- The University’s Office of the Dean of Students and the Office of the Ombudsperson are meeting with students through phone or zoom appointments as well. Students/faculty/staff/ can email DOS@fiu.edu to request a meeting with the Dean of Students or they can email OMBUDS@fiu.edu to schedule an appointment with the Ombuds.
We encourage you to review the information above and to continue practicing social and physical distancing to keep yourself, your friends, and your family safe. Please act to break the chain of transmission, as older adults and people of any age who have serious underlying medical conditions may be at higher risk for more serious complications from COVID-19. Please continue to monitor the FIU homepage for virus updates, www.fiu.edu, as well as the Center For Disease Control and Prevention, https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html
We are here to assist you and answer any questions you may have. Please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Find what you need in order to become a Panther, not just a student. Click below to quickly access important links and information.