To help ensure that we continue to safeguard the health and well-being of our FIU community, we are offering in-person and remote advising.
Scheduling an Appointment: To meet with your academic advisor, Jessica Amores Diaz, please make an appointment online via PSN (Panther Success Network)
You can conveniently access the Panther Success Network (PSN) from your MyFIU portal.
1. Log onto MyFIU.
2. On your MyFIU homepage, select Student from the dropdown menu in the top center of the page
3. Click on the Academic Advising tile
4. Click on the Go to Panther Success Network button
5. Sign-in again using your FIU credentials
6. Finally, click on the Make Appointment button on the top right of the page.
You are able to choose between in person and remote advising appointments.
To participate in a Zoom online appointment, please make sure that you’ve downloaded the Zoom technology onto your computer or phone. Additional information and instructions on downloading and using Zoom as an attendee can be found here: Getting Started with Zoom
In addition, you should have access to a computer/laptop to view your Panther Degree Audit, as well as be in a location conducive to having your advising session.
Tutoring and Support Services
Tutoring is available through both the Center for Excellence and Writing and the Center for Academic Success
For answers to other frequently asked questions regarding FIU’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit, https://www.fiu.edu/coronavirus/frequently-asked-questions/index.html
- Help you plan effectively
- Work with you to identify goals and develop educational plans to reach them
- Assist you with academic issues and help you find solutions
- Help you understand degree requirements
- Work with you to select and schedule your courses
Prior to each registration period, incoming and continuing theatre majors are placed on an advising hold until they have met with their academic advisor, who will work with students to plan their schedule for the upcoming semester, process any necessary course permissions, and refer students to the appropriate faculty member if more specialized advisement or course placement is needed.
Jessica Amores Diaz