Alpha Psi Omega
Alpha Psi Omega is a national theatre honor society that has recognized and rewarded exemplary student participation in theatre productions since 1925. With over 600 casts nationwide, it is the largest national honor society.
The Alpha Alpha Lambda cast of Alpha Psi Omega was re-established in the Fall semester of 2014 to provide acknowledgement of those students of FIU Theatre demonstrating a high standard of accomplishment in their academic and theatrical endeavors. Members “seek a life useful” by using their talents and the passion they share for theatre to serve their academic and local theatre communities.
FIU Chapter President- Luzcarina Nuñez firstname.lastname@example.org
To be eligible for membership in the Alpha Alpha Lambda cast of Alpha Psi Omega, a student must be:
- enrolled at Florida International University
- a declared theatre major or minor, or show significant interest in theatre
- have one semester of active involvement in the FIU Theatre Department (transfer students only need one semester)
- have a 2.5 overall GPA
- have earned 100 APO points in the year prior to induction (or 75 points for transfers) as per the Points Breakdown Form provided by the chapter
- have received their official understudy education
- approved through a screening process completed by officers, faculty advisors, and all players
Broadway Backwards is throwing a twist to the Broadway songs and scenes everyone knows. Performers can perform songs or scenes from the opposite gender!
Act Against AIDS
The annual Act Against AIDS Showcase is a charity showcase presented by members of APO and FIU Theatre students every Spring semester. All proceeds are donated to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS, one of the nation’s leading industry-based, nonprofit AIDS fundraising and grant-making organizations.
Using their many talents in theatre, members participate in charity fundraisers, showcases, and community performances to positively impact their local and global communities.