What Inspires You?

I am almost certain that is exactly what my face looks like every time I’m asked that question. It’s hard to be put on the spot and say this here, is my source of inspiration. But when given sometime to really think and reflect I realized that maybe this question is not so daunting. I don’t necessarily need to be inspired to create, as much as I need someone to light a fire under my ass. Ideas will come and go, good, bad and ugly, but what is more important to me is to be inspired as a human being, not just a creative. If we constantly grow and evolve, our work will reflect that.
Surrounding myself with people who are driven and passionate about something opens the floodgates to inspiration. Keeping an open mind and suspending judgment has helped me to understand the world from so many perspectives of life. One of the biggest faults I see with my generation is our inability to listen. Maybe this is a result of having infinite access to information we feel like we are experts, but you really don’t know something until you’ve lived it. So if inspiration in what you’re looking for, learn to listen.

By |2015-02-26T23:18:18-05:00February 26th, 2015|Creative Development, The life of a Creative, Uncategorized|Comments Off on What Inspires You?