What inspires me and makes me crazy at the same time?

Getting leis, wigs and other things…

Screen Shot 2015-11-03 at 3.29.47 PM

At simple sight, I’m just a regular girl. I don’t seem too extroverted or talkative and sometimes I can be a little shy. Only those who get to talk to me or spend time with me around the Halloween season get to know the real crazy me. At this time of the year, I talk more than usual and my eyes get sparkly every time I tell people about my new costume inspiration and about how much I’ve been waiting for this time to finally arrive. I show no shame when it comes to wearing my costumes, and the uglier and creepier I make myself look the more satisfied I feel.

If you ever went to my room, only knowing the basics about me, you would probably think I’m some sort of freak and I wouldn’t blame you for that! Let me jut clarify that my room is pretty neat and organized, so everything looks completely normal at first sight. Yet, if you were to go into my bathroom and opened a huge silver box that hides under the sink, you might be a little shocked.

My silver box is like my treasure, and contains a big part of my investments: Bottles of different types of artificial blood, liquid latex, fake flesh, eye contacts, spirit gum, eyelashes, wound prosthetics, textured sponges, brushes and all sorts of body paint to create from the prettiest to the goriest of makeup looks.

Also, if you walked into my closet, there is a big chance you would not be able to come back. My closet is known as the Narnia closet. If you have not watched the movie yet, then I would suggest you do. You would need more than a good imagination in order to guess what you could find in there. Hundreds leis, wigs of all sorts of colors and lengths, fantasy photography backdrops, giant skulls, wolf and unicorn masks, angel wings, bloody wedding dresses, witch hats, vampire capes, and a huge variety of props and fake flowers are just a few examples.

At this point, it should be an understatement to say that I’m crazy about Halloween, about special effects makeup and about collecting materials and props that I can use in the future for the creation of a new costume. Every time I see something that might come in handy for a new costume idea, I simply buy it, no matter how expensive or cheap it is. The only problem with that is that I’m already running out of space, so I’m going to have to start invading someone else’s closet by the time I’m done with the Halloween festivities this year.

By |2016-02-04T10:36:49-05:00February 4th, 2016|Art Direction, Creative Freedom, Hobbies and Creativity, The life of a Creative, Uncategorized|Comments Off on What inspires me and makes me crazy at the same time?