Born to be Wilde

BORN TO BE WILDE.

Oscar Wilde is the perfect example of a man who was living in the wrong time period. At the time he was seen as provocative and ostentatious and now he is seen as inspirational and honest. There are many parts of his work I admire but I managed to boil it down my top five favorite quotes. The first quote is “Success is a science; if you have the conditions, you get the result.” Science is cause and effect. If you do this than this.. sometimes you just need to create your own conditions. The second quote is “Be yourself; everyone else is taken.” I think it is important to not blindly follow others but to take a stand for who you are. I want to be my own person and not care what others will think. The third quote is “You can never be overdressed or overeducated.” This is my favorite quote by Oscar Wilde for two reasons. One, because everyone know that horrible feeling of being unprepared and showing up to a cocktail party in jeans. And two, because I think its important to be learning new things your whole life. The fourth quote is “Experience is one thing you can’t get for nothing.” Nothing can be experienced if you dont go out and do. There are so many opportunities that we are faced with every day that we pass up. It is important to recognize the moment and seize it. The fifth quote is “What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise.” Often we dont expect any good to come out of trials but how can we know our strength if we do not test it? A positive outlook on life can change a person’s life.

By |2016-04-11T11:38:31-04:00April 11th, 2016|Creative Freedom, Fun with words and Copy Writing, Uncategorized|Comments Off on Born to be Wilde