The Lillian Lodge Kopenhaver Center for the Advancement of Women in Communicationbfriedmn2015-09-01T15:02:44+00:00
The Lillian Lodge Kopenhaver Center for the Advancement of Women in Communication
The Center was established in 2012 by Dean Emeritus and Professor Dr. Lillian Lodge Kopenhaver as a pioneering site for the advancement of women in the field of communication. For more than three decades, Dr. Kopenhaver has been a tireless advocate for women in communication and envisions this Center to lead the way for future generations of communicators, professionals and scholars.
To empower both women professionals and academics in all the fields of communication, in order to develop visionaries and leaders who can make a difference in their communities and their profession.
- Serve as a thought-leadership center for research and professional development for the next generation of women leaders in mass communication.
- Mentor the next generation of young scholars and professionals as they build careers in mass communication.
- Develop an active research agenda to provide background and current data, trends and other information to support the goals of the center.
- Recognize the achievements of female leaders in the communication industries and the academy.
- Establish an advisory council composed of nationally and internationally recognized women leaders in the communication professions and the academy to provide advice, mentoring and support to the center.